Guide to fast Teak + Mahogany Logs

Song712

Guide to fast Teak & Mahogany Logs

By Song712

-----Introduction:-----

With contruction been the hottest skill at the moment, you would want to train it high. But in order to get high level fast, you would want to use high level planks like Teak and Mahogany. Too poor to buy them yourself or just wanna make some money fast? This is the guide for you!

Also, before you read on. You should have at least 40 Construction with 15k to spare and completed the quest Jungle Potion, (Completed Shilo Village is recommended) Otherwise this cutting method won't work well.

Teak:

-Requires 35 woodcut level to chop

-Tall, white

-500gp per plank trade at Sawmill

-Cost: ~500-1,000 per log, ~1,000-2,000 per plank

Mahogany:

-Requires 50 woodcut level to chop

-Tall and thick, looks like a larger version of oak

-1,500gp per plank trade at Sawmill

-Cost: ~1,000-2,000 per logs, ~2,000-3,500 per plank

(For more imformations on how they look like, click here)

NOTE: The prices arent 100% accurate, they are changing from time to time.

-----Getting Ready:-----

First, you need the woodcut level to get the logs you want (see above)

Now you need some trading sticks, "How do I get them?" you ask?

Go to Shilo Village with a pick and a charged glory ammy (wear it), and mine the gem rocks there, they are really easy to get with a charged glory ammy! Cut them and store them in your bank, (Don't cut Topaz gems if you have a low crafting level) once you have done about 2+ loads of gems, grab all the Opals, Jades and Topazes in noted form.

Now walk to another village north of Shilo and trade in all your gems for trading sticks. Now you should have plenty of them.

user posted image

For more imformations about Trading Sticks, click here

-----How to get there:-----

The main idea is to move your house to Brimhaven (Requires 40 Construction) Then use your house as a teleport desternation to cut those trees.

user posted image

Blue: Approx location of house portal

Red: Walking/Running route.

There are...

[==8 Teak Trees==]

[==4 Mahogany Trees==]

user posted image

First, put on boots of lightness and a hachet. Grab a duel ring, teleport runes to your house. (1 earth, air and law) and 100 trading stix

Now teleport to your house, then go out of the portal, now you will be in Brimhaven. Follow the route to the trees location, click on the gate and pay 100 trading sticks to a NPC to go in.

Or use right click shortcut:

user posted image

Now chop any kind of tree you want, you can afk and look on the forums. Or just talk to people in mIRC.

When you have a full load, rub your Duel Ring and teleport to Castle Wars for bank, then repeat the steps until you have the amount of logs of your desire.

-----Tips/Advises:-----

Thanks to Saris, Bnncer, and Haldir140 for the following tips/advises. happy.gif

~~~~~

When you have a load of logs, you can teleport to your house and make your Servant run the logs to the Sawmill, and then you can use it right away. And then repeat the steps.

With this method you dont have to go bank, (only if you have a high level servant)

~~~~~

If you dont have 40 construction or too lazy to get sticks, you can go to a teak tree southwest of Cws. There is only one tree there so might be a bit slow when its

crowed. (A picture of this route is in the replies)

~~~~~

There are also some teaks and mahogany trees in the kazari jungle (Requires quest Legend) Not a lot of ppl there but its a long walk, only place to chop mahogany trees when you don't have level 40 construction. (sp?)

-----F.A.Q:-----

How much exp. do I get per oak, teak or mahogany plank?

You get 60 exp per oak plank, 90 exp per teak plank, and 140 exp per mahogany plank.

Those exp doesnt change no matter how many planks you use at a time. So always use as many as you can to shorten the time. I like to do it on Oak Larder, uses 8 oak planks at a time, gives 480 exp. I make it then remove it and repeat.

I recommend you use oaks to train, they don't cost a lot and got a good exp.

(Completed)

-----Credits:-----

RuneHq: For some links

Masors: tongue.gif

You: laugh.gif

Edited by Song712

Guest Saris

Awesome tips! I'll have to use teak to train now. Another thing that might be helpful though, is if you have a butler, you can just walk (or tele) back to your house, have the butler take the logs to the sawmill, and then use them right away and go back to cutting. I've been doing this with the oak trees near the yanille house portal, and it is by far the most efficient and cost effective way I have found to get planks for training, since it doesnt involve banking or any sort of long walk. My demon butler demands about 10k every dozen trips or so, but it's a small amount compared to what I spent on planks anyway, and he returns with the planks in about 4 seconds. Not sure the time for a normal butler exactly. It costs exactly the same as walking to the sawmill, except for the extra cost of whichever servant you use (must be cook or better). As far as making planks to sell, using a butler to go to the sawmill for you is still much faster than walking there yourself.

Very nice!

Another way to get teak logs, which is also very very fast, is the one behind/near CW. You run to it, chop 27 logs, use dueling ring to tele to CW, bank your logs, repeat.

I would really suggest including that way in your guide

nice, do you need 100 sticks everytime you go into the place though?

Yah, but a load of gems can get you a few thousands at a time i think.

And this for the tips Saris, ill put that down.

Bnncer:

No that way its slower, i have tried it. Its almost always crowed there and with only 1 tree. The place in my guide has like 10 teak trees and 5 mahogany trees.

With about the same amount of walkings. 100 trading sticks isnt a lot to pay every time.

Edited by Song712

Oh, I thought it wasn't that bad since the teak trees take rougly 3 seconds to respawn. I got like 200 teak logs in about 35 minutes maybe

hmm,

yeah, I guess what way is better when you dont have 40 construction or too lazy to get sticks.

Sweet Guide! =)

I like to do it on Oak Larder, uses 8 oak planks at a time, gives 480 exp. I make it then remove it and repeat.

I flatpack oak carved table =) 360 exp with 6 oak logs (Hire butler, run outside and cut oaks, make him run to sawmill and then make em =)

I flatpack oak carved table =) 360 exp with 6 oak logs (Hire butler, run outside and cut oaks, make him run to sawmill and then make em =)

I dont like the working on the bench because you have to scroll down and look for the item.

I see you used a smiley in my collection as ur avvy tongue.gif

• 3 months later...