When I was a NOOb!

Joshua

I was just remembering back when I initially began RuneScape back on my old Mac. I have no idea how that silly computer worked with RuneScape! Looking at the computer today, I can only laugh at how pathetic it is.

• With that old Mac computer I had, the mouse that came with it only had "one click" which was left-click only. I didn't know how to adjust any of the setting on RuneScape to treat all clicks as right click or to hit Ctrl key + click. I remember that it took a long time to get up to my first 1k gp, many many many weeks. I earned my first Mithril Scimitar with the 1,200 gp I had... The person on the other end had no idea what I was doing during the trade transaction. I told him that my right click wasn't working, and that he would have to be patient in order to fulfill the trade. He requested the trade so that I could click on it. He watched for a couple minutes as I clicked each coin one-by-one into the trade screen so that he could get 1,200 gp. I was so happy for my Mithril Scimitar.
  • I remember when killing Goblins was all that I would do. All the drops stunk except for Goblin Mail because it was actually worth some money compared to the other items. If I sold it to the item shop, it would be valued 16 gp! I was lucky every single time I got one as a drop. The only way I could sell them though was through right click, which I had no idea how to do because of my silly Mac. I can't remember how I found out about the setting in RuneScape that makes your left click act as a right click; I was highly embarrassed though.
  • I remember when I met one of my first "wealthy" friends in RuneScape. I asked him how he earned all his money. What he use to do was stand in the Varrock item shop (general store) all day and wait for someone to sell their gem. He would immediately buy all the gems and resell them for a little bit more. He did this all the way up to a Rune 2 Hander valued at 60k gp. Super rich fellow! He use to say words like "LMAO" which I thought was a slang or typo for "LAME!" He also said other words like "LOL" which my dad taught me was "Lots of Love." I could see that a lot of people in RuneScape really loved each other :wub:

So... my question to you is... Can you beat my stories? I am a noob. I have more nooby stories to come. True story.

I give permission to make this a public thread, especially because it is my 4200th post.

• Upvote 2

For a long time, I played on my first account, I did everything I could do not to die. When I did die like a month or two later, I lost everything: pickaxe, money, tinderbox, etc. I had no idea how to get it back so I decided to create my second account ever (the one I currently play on). I didn't find out until months later how to bank things, how to get a tinderbox (which I figured out killing imps would do the trick, still had no idea about the general store).

I think I was the one that figured out how to right click on the Mac first with the tool thing on RuneScape and then eventually figuring out you can hold the option key or something like that. Been awhile since I was on our Mac. That Mac looks very very very old.

when i first started, i spent quite a while picking up coins in the basement of var rock bank thinking people were dropping it cause back then people actually went down there then i followed some guy to a drop party and got 50k! i was so exited! i went out and bought a black long sword for 20k from a guy that assured me it was the best weapon ever. prob some stuff i left out hard to remember lol

When I was a noob I was lucky enough to have a friend to help me do some of the simple things of the game, but i spent a month or so fighting chickens and chopping wood to make fires... I fear i made the same mistake as others before me had made. I hoarded everything in my inventory or sold it to the general store... this was long before grand exchange... I died from a goblin of all creatures with every last gp i owned somewhere around 10000gp and my tools i had spent months trying to get... I was really mad when i lost my full bronze to it too because i did not know that the grave stayed there so i could pick my stuff up... i spent the next week begging high-lvl players to gift me something yet back then no one was very nice to me being a lvl 10... So i sought the help of my real friend whom at the time was a lvl 110 and he gave me 5k and i was the happiest player ever... :D

When I was a noob, Jake (Ejak on forums) tried to get me to go pking but I was afraid to lose my addy (g) and was too dumb to figure out I could've bought different armour.

When I was a noob

Since I am a noob, I was waiting for Drag to show up in Varrok West and took me about ten minutes to notice I was in the wrong world. :P

• 5 months later...

I was lucky, had some friends that were already into the game when I joined. They told me fishing was the best way to go gp-wise (this was back in RS Classic so fishing equipment and the time leveling were considered a significant investment). Still remember getting up 30 minutes before class to net shrimps >.<. When I finally had enough for a black battle-axe all the other shrimp netters were envious :lmfao: .

• 1 month later...

When I was a fresh nooblet beginning Runescape, I never bought anything that could be made myself, and spent countless hours trying to level because I didn't want to pay for anything.

I'm still that way a little bit I guess, but for the sense of achievement instead of hoarding anymore.

When I was a noob. I fell for the "Look Runescape blocks your password ********! try it!" Scam. (Now, RS does ACTUALLY block your password, or so I've been told.) I got hacked, hopped onto my second acc and reported, within 5 mins, it was banned. I got it unbanned a few months later, but I've forgotten the acc name since then. I was sooooooo happy when i got 10k and all elemental staves ^^.

~Priest

When I was a noob in rsc I used to think that mith bars where mad expensive. I also thought that on order to get a scythe, u had to kill a lesser demon... I was cmbt 17.

When I was a noob in rs1 I had just finished shield of arrav and thought that the phoenix xbow and leather gloves and boots were the best money u can make. I used to sell em to the general store for money. After that, I bought a pick and learned what the dwarf mines was. So my sister and I made a little competition and raced to 85 mining. Sadly neither one of us has made it (my sister quit playing but had only made it to 83)

When I was a noob in rsc I used to think that mith bars where mad expensive. I also thought that on order to get a scythe, u had to kill a lesser demon... I was cmbt 17.

When I was a noob in rs1 I had just finished shield of arrav and thought that the phoenix xbow and leather gloves and boots were the best money u can make. I used to sell em to the general store for money. After that, I bought a pick and learned what the dwarf mines was. So my sister and I made a little competition and raced to 85 mining. Sadly neither one of us has made it (my sister quit playing but had only made it to 83)

These are some good ones! I still think mith bars are mad expensive :lmfao: