Merchanting

Aprz

With the return of free trade, I started merchanting again. I wondering what's the opinion of the clan and the RuneScape public with merchanting. Do you like or hate it? Do you think it ruins the game? Do you merchant? Etc.

I've been merchanting partyhats, and I love it. <3

speaking of a failure at merching "me" what should i merch if have 1-2mil cash that i can use for merching i never seem to choose the right items to merch or how to tell when to drop them all any tips or maybe even a guide to how to know what to merch would be greatly appreciated :runepick:

speaking of a failure at merching "me" what should i merch if have 1-2mil cash that i can use for merching i never seem to choose the right items to merch or how to tell when to drop them all any tips or maybe even a guide to how to know what to merch would be greatly appreciated :runepick:

Chef hats!

hehe.. MErching made it able for me to buy a white and blue phat, and then after i got hacked merching got me back to 400m.. but then i gave most of it away and now plan on making money through pvm or skills :P

For me, it's important to know the item. Like when I buy/sell an item, it has to be something I am comfortable with. At first you gotta find it though. I would take a stab at oak logs since bonux xp is coming up, but it's really just about finding what you like. I told a story about how a guy was trying to merchant partyhats and lost 1m to me and hated it. I merchant partyhats everyday and make a lot of money. Oh, I'd also try not to think about GE prices going up and down like "Oh, if I buy this today, I can sell it tomorrow for +1 gp ea", but rather "I buy this today for x price and I sell it immediately afterward for y price". You could do it the whole GE way, but that's slow and more risky in my opinion.

Guthian, why do you think it takes the fun out of the game? :(

If I knew how to do it now, I'd probably love it. I used to merchant years ago when I owned a yellow partyhat (back when they were worth 20m) and made lots of money with that but I haven't merchanted since that, lol.

I don't have an issue with merchanting, and honestly they are a godsend for me because I like to powerlevel skills and merchants usually are the ones who sell me large volumes of things, which I am ok with paying a higher price for in the name of convenience.

I was the same way with my partyhat. I hadn't merchant partyhats since purple was 156m, yellow was 180m, green was 190m, red was 220m, and I don't recall the price of white and blue because it wasn't within my price range. I think white was 250m and blue was 300m, but that's a rough estimate of the price in late 2007. Anyhow, I decided to give it a shot, and it was just like back then, but a million times better. Everything is so much more quicker and the profits are bigger. The actual wealth is equal or less though. I make 5-10m profit per trade instead of 500k-1m, but back then everything was so much cheaper (at least all the good stuff). ^_^ Now everything is super expensive. :(