What are your other hobbies?

Aprz

A lot of people post in the Welcome Wagon things they do in RuneScape, but sometimes you don't want to talk about RuneScape when you're playing RuneScape. I've always prompted new members to share their hobbies, majors/minors in school, goals in real life, etc. I think this will be an interesting and useful thread for people to find others that share a common interest in a hobby they do in real life that isn't RuneScape related. So...

When you're not mining and smithing in RuneScape or spamming MaSoRs, what are your other hobbies? Do you solve puzzles? Do you study? Do you read? Play Black Ops, or whatever it's called?

Like usual, I'll start.... I enjoy reading and solving Rubik's cubes. I am currently a little more than half way through The House of God by Samuel Shem. Sometimes I get tired of reading the same thing so I am going over some of the stuff I read in Rapid Interpretation of EKGs by Dubin Dale. I understand a lot of the concepts in that book, but I am going over the more specific types of syndromes instead like Brugada Syndrome, Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome, and it's encouraged me to look online for other syndromes or unique conditions that I'd be able to detect using an EKG. I love puzzles especially Rubik's cubes. I own a 2x2x2 all the way to a 7x7x7. I can solve all of them. I wish they had larger ones. Supposedly the company that made the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 claims they can make up to a 11x11x11, but they haven't yet, and they've been saying they would for several years now. :( I want to be able to solve a 3x3x3 (the normal one) in less than a minute consistently, but it takes me about a minute and half (usually slight less than that) to solve.

Pour your heart out. :)

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, Christian here:)

Outside of runescape, and games in general, I enjoy swimming. Swimming is typically the reason I'm not on RS because we have quite a rigorous schedule, with 2 practices every week day, and one practice on saturday. I'm usually pretty wiped out. Another new hobby I picked up last year is road biking. I enjoy this so much, because you just to get bike back into the less populated areas of your county, and have a blast with friends, as well as get a nice leg workout. :P

I also enjoy playing airsoft with friends, although getting shot may not be too fun ;) I am a freshmen in high school, so I'm working my way up the food chain. I'm pretty intelligent, and I am near the top of my class. I don't have any crazy rubik's cube skills. I have a 3x3 but have never learned how to solve it.

Wees

I play combat arms, I run 10-20 miles a day rain or shine <_< I am a marathon runner. Fitness takes up some of everyday. I'm freshman in college at Indiana Tech studying Computer Engineering-Hardware

Feel free to read more about me in my About Me on my Profile that i created right before this post...

Edited by slay0masor

I run, play ultimate, read, and I like movies and music. I am around a minute and a half too Aprz. ;)

I play a little guitar, though not a little guitar, a regular sized one. I'm reading kitchen confidential at the moment, almost done. I also enjoy riding my bike but I moved back home after getting my degree and the roads here are not good for biking.

I am a rower (rowing2.5 years now) , in a skiff most of the time( single rower boat)

I play chess, Team fortress 2, Call of Duty veteran, Halo veteran( got both series in its entire) Beyond good and Evil for both Xbox and Gamecube (got trauma of that game cause of my bro, more afraid of that 7+ game than a 16+ one :blush: ) Forza motorsport, GTA 4 etc.

I am hardcore gamer B)

Gym, gym and even more gym!

Been at the gym for 3 years now 3 times a day consuming creatine, carnitine and powder protein, and no steroids :), and well I love all of that, feeling the pain in your muscles and knowing that it will regenerate and get even bigger within the next hours.

The only bad part is that it doesn´t regenerate unless I got to bed and sleep and the problem is that my doctor said I have insomnia since 2 months ago, I sleep around 12-16 hours every 3 days so now I'm ona gym break and all I got left to do is wife and runescape :)

Oh also I practise aggressive inline rollerblading every now and then :P

I also enjoy playing airsoft with friends, although getting shot may not be too fun ;)

Have you ever gone paintballing (like Shadow)? It's superior to airsoft gun. I used to go paintballing every week. I wish I could go back. A friend broke my gun and I've been too poor to buy a new one. :(

• Upvote 1

My most prominent hobby would be...weight lifting! Yes I know, girls only lift small pink dumbbells right? WRONG. I love lifting as heavy as I can, and when my muscles are in agony the next day and I can barely walk is when I feel my best, because I know I've pushed myself hard in something. My favourite exercise would have to be squats or deadlifts because these are the most challenging of my lifts; I hate working calves :(. I take a cookies and cream flavoured whey protein because I'm on a 'cut' right now and can't get the right amount of protein from my normal diet. It's been really difficult to work out consistently recently because of a lot of Uni work (BSc Animal Science; no minor) but I'm hoping to crank out dem reps really soon when things have calmed down :D.

I'm also an avid reader, most of my room is filled with bookshelves and I have even resorted to storing books in a dresser because I have no more room :(. I'm currently reading Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman and plan to read the rest of His Dark Materials, I think I'll probably move on to Terry Pratchet as I have a couple of his books that I haven't read yet, but if you know of an amazing book that you'd recommend then drop me a message :D.

So yeh, I'm definately the geek and bookworm in my family :).

Similarly to the other hobbies I have just read... I enjoy spending time with my girlfriend, skateboarding, playing the guitar, paintball, studying math, and going to work.

I know I may seem like an oddball about math and work, but they are both very interesting to me. Just to justify why I think these two are fun: Math is just undeniably amazing, and you really begin to look at the world in an engineering perspective. Everything comes together. *Opens a tiny warp hole with his mind*

My job is also very interesting. I don't know if any of you watch the Simpsons (No, I do not work in a nuclear power plant) but there is this one episode that Mr Burns makes a little bird the CEO of his company for liability purposes... later in the episode, Homer lets the bird fly away so Mr Burns then promotes Homer to CEO in fear that the he will get in trouble by inspectors. Part of my job requires me to be a "Manager in Charge" even if I'm not the highest ranked manager present. There must always be a "Manager in Charge" until there are nobody left in the building. Though it is a very stressful position, it is a lot of fun and I believe that I have gained a great diversity in skills and knowledge. I love to tell my family and friends of these interesting stories, but I avoid gossiping of it in detail on the internet to preserve confidentiality.

michg.jpg

For security reasons, I have had to remove the (obvious) name of the company and my complete name. I just wanted to show you that such a position was real.

• Upvote 1

Hm. I spend most of my time on tumblr. XD

I really love reading. I own 460 books (yeah, I counted them all). I've read maybe... 50% of them? I hope I'll eventually get to them all XD

Other than reading and tumblr, I like to write stories, mostly fanfiction. I've been too lazy to write anything since New Year's though.

I hope to make my life more interesting and active once I get out of stupid high school and get into college.

no boyfriend, no sports, no clubs, no exercise. Every day it's wake up, go to school, come home right after, watch TV, computer, dinner, bed. Nothing ever happens in my life :lol:

At the moment, there is no other hobby outside of Dragon Age.

In other news, Web design, Networking, gaming and my fiancee are my only hobbies. Thankfully Networking is my actual job... well, sales is a part of it too. Best Buy does want me to sell the router we make more money on and attach a service plan to it. *Le Sigh*

Right now I'm working on a Dragon Age related forum site. It's going to take me a while as it shall offer a few unique features that no other forum site has offered before. In other words, my head hurts from the coding.

html, C++, CSS, Javascript, Some Flash and I was a derp head and learned a bit of Ruby even though it's only applicable in RPG Maker.

That combined with some decent skill in photoshop CS, I can make pretty things.

All of it is self taught, so it's a hard mix of novice and advanced knowledge in an improper order. So there's a bunch of stuff I SHOULD know but don't and a bunch of stuff I should NOT know, but do.

I'm a gamer, outside of gaming on runescape, but just for fun. I absolutely LOVE thunderstorms! They just make me really happy and I like watching them. I also go fossil hunting and off roading. I read alittle bit. I have finished the Left Behind series, I've read about 8 Dragonlance books, and I am currently reading the 5th book of the Wheel of Time series. I also watch anime. I've completed watching a few like the original Dragonball -not Z or GT...yet-, Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Blue Gender, and I'm caught up/waiting for the new episodes of Bleach and Naruto to come out every week. Dragonball Z,Bleach and Naruto are my favorites right now. I think thats good, okay I'm done.

I'm a gamer, outside of gaming on runescape, but just for fun. I absolutely LOVE thunderstorms! They just make me really happy and I like watching them. I also go fossil hunting and off roading. I read alittle bit. I have finished the Left Behind series, I've read about 8 Dragonlance books, and I am currently reading the 5th book of the Wheel of Time series. I also watch anime. I've completed watching a few like the original Dragonball -not Z or GT...yet-, Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Blue Gender, and I'm caught up/waiting for the new episodes of Bleach and Naruto to come out every week. Dragonball Z,Bleach and Naruto are my favorites right now. I think thats good, okay I'm done.

I was watching those in Spanish the other day. It was awesome :)

Fossil hunting? How do you do that? Interesting!

• Upvote 1

i play alot of basketball i play for my local team brentwood =] also i play rugby for dagenham and redbridge. im the assistant manager of delta force paintball eastwood (upminster essex) so obv i play alot of paintball to. when im not doing that im usualy on rs. but due to my latet foot injury i havent been able to do that the past 2 weeks so im on rs alot =]

I was watching those in Spanish the other day. It was awesome :)

Fossil hunting? How do you do that? Interesting!

Yeah, anime is a great release. :D

As for fossil hunting I go to a creek usually with a rockbed and use my pick to get the fossils out of the rock. Thats probably why I like the mining skill. Its great fun to me even though its usually hot and you get drained by the sun. I have many kinds of fossils like ammonites, clams, snails, sea urchins, shark teeth, and a vertabra-(still trying to get it identified).

Yeah, anime is a great release. :D

As for fossil hunting I go to a creek usually with a rockbed and use my pick to get the fossils out of the rock. Thats probably why I like the mining skill. Its great fun to me even though its usually hot and you get drained by the sun. I have many kinds of fossils like ammonites, clams, snails, sea urchins, shark teeth, and a vertabra-(still trying to get it identified).

Ever find anything extremely strange? or a rare find? :)

Oh sweet, I use to paintball a lot too! Aprz and I use to go with an old friend of mine all the time. I suppose if you're an ASM of paintball field then we're probably total noobs compared to you; I remember seeing on TV some kind of like town that was actually designed for paintballing all day. What a dream. It's like a warzone out there. I want to go one day!

• Upvote 1

The vertebra is pretty rare especially in the awesome condition its in plus the shark teeth aren't rare but they aren't very common either, also in good condition. The rest are pretty common but still fun to find. :runepick:

Sick! I bet your friends go with everyday, I know I would ^_^

• Upvote 1