What are your other hobbies?

Aprz

Sick! I bet your friends go with everyday, I know I would ^_^

They do when they can! :lol: Haha, it's funny cuz I'm always saying how most people probably wouldn't like looking at rocks and its usually incredibly hot but once they go, they always want to go, lol. I mostly go with my family. My Dad got me started and he did it when he was a kid. He found an ammonite about 2 feet in diameter and got in trouble for ripping his new shirt to make a sling to carry it back home. He has also found geodes. We plan to dig for diamonds soon, then maybe visit sapphire, emerald, ruby or opal mining sites. Makes me excited just thinking about it. :wizard:

They do when they can! :lol: Haha, it's funny cuz I'm always saying how most people probably wouldn't like looking at rocks and its usually incredibly hot but once they go, they always want to go, lol. I mostly go with my family. My Dad got me started and he did it when he was a kid. He found an ammonite about 2 feet in diameter and got in trouble for ripping his new shirt to make a sling to carry it back home. He has also found geodes. We plan to dig for diamonds soon, then maybe visit sapphire, emerald, ruby or opal mining sites. Makes me excited just thinking about it. :wizard:

Wow, that's going above and beyond! It almost makes me think you are like a big family of science; wonder kind of job your parents have. I hope to see some pictures of the stuff you find or of these amazing mines.

• Upvote 1

Wow, that's going above and beyond! It almost makes me think you are like a big family of science; wonder kind of job your parents have. I hope to see some pictures of the stuff you find or of these amazing mines.

Lol yeah you would think but actually my Dad is a mechanic and my Mom works for a paging company. Its more of a hobby. We also go storm chasing when the storms are close to our area, just for fun.

Pictures are a good idea!

Lol yeah you would think but actually my Dad is a mechanic and my Mom works for a paging company. Its more of a hobby. We also go storm chasing when the storms are close to our area, just for fun.

Pictures are a good idea!

That sounds like something I'd love to do with my girlfriend.

...*starts writing notes* tell me more haha :mellow:

All of it sounds really fun.

• Upvote 1

That sounds like something I'd love to do with my girlfriend.

...*starts writing notes* tell me more haha :mellow:

All of it sounds really fun.

Thats a good idea seeing as how my sister's friends come with us more often then my friends, lol. As long as your girl is an outdoors kinda girl then she will love it. Then if you find something really cool you can make jewelry out of it. Thats always cool since you are the one to find the jewelry piece. Fossils, especially if they are polished, can make some pretty awesome jewelry aside from typical gems. Just remember to always bring plenty of water. We mainly bring a backpack or two and some rock picks. Oh and typical first aid stuff is good to have just in case. ^_^

Thats a good idea seeing as how my sister's friends come with us more often then my friends, lol. As long as your girl is an outdoors kinda girl then she will love it. Then if you find something really cool you can make jewelry out of it. Thats always cool since you are the one to find the jewelry piece. Fossils, especially if they are polished, can make some pretty awesome jewelry aside from typical gems. Just remember to always bring plenty of water. We mainly bring a backpack or two and some rock picks. Oh and typical first aid stuff is good to have just in case. ^_^

I think my good wealth (for my age in this area) ruinned the jewelry idea lol :P but yeah were outdoor all the time.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

well i got out of the army couple weeks ago and i have no job and i dont start studying until august so i'm just unemployed and spend my time gaming, studying on my own, playing and watching football, running and drinking. it's quite boring really. seriously.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

im currently studying a music and music technology joint degree, that takes up most of my time. between that and gigging i'm not really doing much. i enjoy jazz/latin/soul and all types of other music and try to grow as a musician ever day. alongside all of this i spend a heck load of time in the university studios recording people as a favour and mixing their stuff.

-Working 40 hours/week as a sales rep, dealing wiht contractors. Working on the road in a pick-up truck mostly.

-Music. I love music. From the beatles to Iron Maiden and from Schubbert to BB King, i just love it. Blues is mt favoriite genre. I also love having a guitar near me or on me. i have one in every room of my house. I'm not a good player tho

-Movies. I love Woody Allen, Joel and Ethan Coen, Quintin Tarantino, Oliver Stone and again i love a large variety of epic movies. Among my favorites one are: The Godfather, Fargo, Annie Hall, Savages or some James Bond etc

-Tv Series: M.A.S.H, Seinfeld, Friends, Six Feet Under, The Sopranoes, Prison Break, Weeds, 24, Breaking bad, the Entourages etc..

-Wine. I have a Cave à vin at home. I own great grands-crus and everything, love them whit, red or rosé

-Travelling. I live in Québec, Canada. been travelling through 9/10 provinces and 20 states in the last 15 years. Ready to visit Europe now. But i also enjoy week-end road trips and single day road trip. Among the next places i wanna we wanna visit are: London, Paris, Iceland and the Galapagos

--Snowmobile/Atv. sold my 2 Snowmobiles and ATV, about to buy another great Honda ATV

-Sports. I've always been training in gym, or played football, or running my 10 Km (6 miles), biking, cross country skying since forever. but not in the past 2 years. That means that i'm now overweight :( Will start over again any soon

-The house. Of course there's the house thingy. Lawn, toilet, foodmarket, drugstore, washing dishes etc blahhh Xp waste :P

Recently, besides school, I've been browsing imgur and hanging out with friends.

IRL I like sports (soccer, track, cross country) and I just bought a BMX bike, pretty stoked about learning some of that crap... no one around here does it.Would LOVE to get into some flatland =p

I think i'm going to start working on a foreign language, I know some Spanish, so maybe that and French or Italian.. and I've started reading a bit recently, I'm currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray.. that's bout it for now =p and I play guitar and piano pretty much daily, and have decided to try to make some dubstep with FL Studio, lol

Edited by ekaj

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much just run, eat, and sleep. And school finds its way into the mix. I love coloring books, and that's not a joke, I would color daily if I could (anyways, it supposedly relives stress). Cooking is a hobby, I love to cook, because cooking is accompanied by eating! :D

• 1 month later...