Favourite RS Town

Joshua

Which is your favourite RuneScape town? Where's your chill spot?

I remember I met a fellow MaSoRS member Bobby in Falador. It was the coolest hang out spot ever! There use to be a little fence in front of the bank. I'm not sure if he was the one to start the trend or not, but it seems many other players such as myself followed :) We would just stand there for hours doing absolutely nothing.

fallyaliveagain.gif

Hehe my first official post on the public forums ^_^

• Upvote 1

GE W27 with Brad and his girlfriend.... I like that spot cause brad is awesome.. with ge update he is not on anymore sadly.. now would probably be edge bank cause i see the regulars or dung W148

Edited by marbl

Josh I like Fally as well, there is no fence there anymore...I've gotten all my 99s in or around Fally, except for herb, they made me get it in Taverly...anyway I used to mine all the time in the mining guild W34 and smelt at Fally furnace so Fally is definitely my favorite.

draynor-hang.jpg

Draynor market comparing holiday items was my favorite hang out before grand exchange came out but I still love draynor even though no one hangs out there anymore...Its almost a ghost town now...there aren't even woodcutters there anymore :(

Yeah, after GE I have definitely noticed a lot of these "hang out spots" becoming "ghost town"

I wonder what happened.

Anybody ever hang out at the borders of Varrock castle. I noticed that was also a very popular location in many worlds. For the most part, I was a world 14er, but I would see people hanging out there when I'd safely tele back from rune rock trips (while in other worlds.)

AND THEN, YEAH, THEY REMOVED THE FENCE. D'oh! Anyhoo, that fence served no purpose to the game, but it was of sentimental value to me.

That Draynor market is a neat one. I'd hang out with you there when I get a computer that is compatible with RuneScape. I'm shocked that I can't get this bummed one to work with RuneScape. You should have seen the first computer I played RuneScape with, I think most people now 'days call it a door stopper. That'll probably be my next post "Post pictures or specs of your oldest computer." Lmfao. It'll give us some laughs for sure.

• Upvote 1

Which is your favourite RuneScape town? Where's your chill spot?

I remember I met a fellow MaSoRS member Bobby in Falador. It was the coolest hang out spot ever! There use to be a little fence in front of the bank. I'm not sure if he was the one to start the trend or not, but it seems many other players such as myself followed :) We would just stand there for hours doing absolutely nothing.

fallyaliveagain.gif

Hehe my first official post on the public forums ^_^

nub u forgot about me D:

i loved that awesome fally fence area. all the awesome ppl like you, bobby, expert, and a lot of my friends used to hang around mining guild and that place.

gotta say when that fence was still there fally was the best spot to hang around. nowadays i usually just drift around ge and varrok banks buying and alching things

Yeah, after GE I have definitely noticed a lot of these "hang out spots" becoming "ghost town"

I wonder what happened.

Anybody ever hang out at the borders of Varrock castle. I noticed that was also a very popular location in many worlds. For the most part, I was a world 14er, but I would see people hanging out there when I'd safely tele back from rune rock trips (while in other worlds.)

AND THEN, YEAH, THEY REMOVED THE FENCE. D'oh! Anyhoo, that fence served no purpose to the game, but it was of sentimental value to me.

That Draynor market is a neat one. I'd hang out with you there when I get a computer that is compatible with RuneScape. I'm shocked that I can't get this bummed one to work with RuneScape. You should have seen the first computer I played RuneScape with, I think most people now 'days call it a door stopper. That'll probably be my next post "Post pictures or specs of your oldest computer." Lmfao. It'll give us some laughs for sure.

The other spot I did hang out was varrock square south entrance to the castle...I have some extremely old computers :P

i miss my fence spot, i still stand in the same place but usually it's alone now. :(

I'll visit you sometime pal.

By the way, were you the one to start that spot? or did you see somebody else doing it? ...... just curious lol

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like Keldagrim. I like dwarves and Keldagrim is nice big capital of dwarves. Too bad there is not really much going down there. Most of the time only Blast Furnace worlds have any activity.

If you ask about F2P world, then it is Varrock. Nice big city with just about everything. Museum, shops, banks, sewer dungeon, best anvil place... So much stuff. Compared to Varrock, Falador is boring. Falador has too much empty space and it does not have all those nifty small streets that Varrock has in south of west bank and near rune shop.

Meiyerditch. That place is full of the most epic history out of any city, a graceful beautiful past destroyed through a treacherous war and a brutal bloody takeover, and is now home to a courageous group of freedom fighters that battle on a daily basis for survival. Every time i visit i can't wait for battle with the forces of evil in the murky swampy forests of mort myre and cramped confines of the sanguinesti region :devil: just thinking of the future blood to be spilled makes me go sharpen my sword :runepick:

but for everyday use, i'd say varrack, as it is a central hub of activity :D

Whilst not much of a town I suppose I'll have to say musa point, why well when you are determined to get on to the higescores tables for your first time and you spend all the time fishing there and running back to the general store to sell the fish so you can train faster and you manage to reach your first 60 and make your first 200k you kind of devolve a special attachment to a place.

Those where the good old days.

• 3 months later...

I think, that my best spot to do absolutely nothing is at the bridge of Wizards Tower, because if you stand from the right angle,

you can give the landscape and your character the perspective of looking over the sea to Tutorial Island.

Also Rune Mysteries was my first quest ever.

But as a less nostalgic place, I'd say Varrock west bank or somewhere near Rimmington.

My favorite rs town has to be Falador. The mining guild used to be such a great place to meet new people and chat. Got scammed for the first time at the East bank (bought 200 coal for the price of 2000 coal >.<). Killed cows and chickens at the farm just south of the city walls for gp. Pretended to be an evil villain and stormed the white knights' castle casting fire bolt on the heroic knights. And sold a bunch of smithed sq shields and chainbodies to the shops.

Favorite hangout is the Giant Mole Cave :).

I like how you see a significant difference from the older players and the newer players. Older players are around banks, in middle of nowhere, random places here and there that somewhat served a purpose back in the day, but today are "ghost towns." Newer players, post-ge, are more likely to hang out around GE or places of the like, because thats all they have known. I find that interesting for some reason. I like to hang out everywhere :D.

~Priest