Chaos Dwarf Battlefield (Pre EOC)

66hades

Surviving the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield

By 66hades

What We Are Doing

We will be joining the forces of the Black Guard in repelling the Chaos Dwarves from overriding Keldagrim. The real reason we are attacking the Chaos side is they have stuff we want :devil:

~You will be completing this mission alone, and without aid of a cannon. ph34r.gif

Where We Are Going

To reach the front line, the easiest way is to find yourself somehow in the GE, then use the trapdoor north west in the complex to travel to Keldagrim.

KeldagrimTravelGE.png?t=1311120469

*protip: stop by the spas real quick via spirit tree to Mobilising Armies for some free boosts

Run, don't walk, north then cross the bridge west. Run south, go through the double doors, and it is the second tunnel going west after that.

KeldagrimTravelKeldagrim-1.png

Enter the doorway at the end, and start fighting for you life.

entrancefinished.png

Who We Will be Killing

• Chaos Dwarf (level 48)
    ~These little guys are not much of a threat except in large numbers, and even then only a minor annoyance. They use melee only. Good for healing with Guthan's. weakness crush.
    th_ChaosDwarf.png
  • Chaos Dwarf Cannoneer (level 100)
    ~These are the immediate threat for those not waiting for the NPCs to become non aggressive (non aggro). They can hit around 400 lp with range, but with melee they become little more trouble than the Chaos Dwarves. Although they do not hit often with range beware when being attacked by large numbers of these without proper range prayer protection as sooner or later they will hit a 400-400 on you. They will use range normally, or melee if you pray range, weakness crush.
    th_ChaosDwarfCannoneer.png
  • Chaos Dwogre (levle 117)
    ~The big boys on this battlefield, even 99 defence and substantial defense bonus will not protect you from their accurate melee attacks. They will consistently hit around 100 melee and wear down your hp. If far away they use an accurate magical attack, if close they will use melee. Style of attack does not change due to prayer but from distance. Weakness stab
    th_Dwogre.png

How:

Requirements

• Completion of the quest "Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf"
  • For this method, Guthan's Set
  • Combat levels. My thought is if you can wear Guthan's, you can do this. Your success will just vary depending on your levels. People say I can't Corp, I've corped before. People said I can't do GWD, I've killed there before. At the least wear a ring of life , bring a one click teleport, and try it out.

Outfit

• Helm: Guthan's Helm & Proselyte Helm
  • Chest: Guthan's Platebody & Proselyte Body
  • Legs: Guthans's Chainskirt & Proselyte Bottoms
  • Cape: Obsidian Cape (or a better melee cape)
  • Gloves: Regen Bracelet (or better)
  • Boots: Dragon Boots
  • Ring: Ring of Wealth
  • Weapon: Guthan's Warspear/ Zamorakian Spear/ Spec weapon/ a weapon with good crush and stab
  • Shield: whatever fits best
  • Aura: Whatever helps you best happy.gif
  • Ammunition: This is where you will put Handshot for invetory space conservation
    *this is just my personal setup, feel free to improvise as you see fit, except with the Guthan's set

th_DwarfOutfit3.png

Inventory

As I am a bit of a cheapskate, I pick up all the charms and runes that these guys drop, along with any good seeds. Taking this into account, I start my trip with one of each charm and rune that can possibly be dropped, as all common decent drops are stackable. If you happen to run out of space for the good non stackable drops (what a horrible problem to have cool.gif ) then you can do some cost analysis and ditch the cheapest stuff.

• Emergency One-Click Teleport: for when manure occureth
  • Zamorakian Spear/Secondary weapon/special attack weapon (optional): I think you do more damage per second with the zs, which is why I bring it for when I do not need the healing power of Guthan's. Not to mention it does not degrade meaning more money for me. The reason for a spear is the different monsters' weaknesses, but you can switch and use another weapon that has crush and stab. I use a dragon halberd for its special attack on the dwogres. If you have a weapon better than a zs, by all means use it
  • Super Attack (4): Bring one, or another better potion
  • Super Strength (4): Bring one, or another better potion
  • Charms and Runes (one of each): Gold, green, crism, blue; air, water, fire, death, mind, chaos, law, cosmic, nature, gp*
  • Prayer Potion (4): bring six^
  • Emergency Food: fill up the remaining spaces with food. I use monks or better

*keep in mind you may end up dropping some of these. Hold on to the nature and fire runes if you plan on alcing anything

th_Dwarfinv2.png

*keep in mind you may end up dropping some of these. Hold on to the nature and fire runes if you plan on alcing anything.

^Everyone operates differently, you may need more or less

Strategy

Please note this is my method using Guthan's and soloing. Change it at your own will, it is not like you have to use the exact form I use.

Entering the Battlefield, you are safe. Nothing will attack you. Since the Black Guard have nothing of worth, I will talk no further about attacking them, except that bad things will happen if you do… very bad things. So do not do it. If you attack a Chaos Dwarf or a Chaos Cannoneer in the first 15 minutes, all the Chaos Dwarves and Chaos Cannoneers will attack you. After the first 15 minutes is up, everything loses its aggressiveness. Dwogres stand alone, they have no friends. If you attack a Dwogre you will only be attacked by that Dwogre. In the first 15ish minutes, you have two options

A)Attack the Chaos Dwarves and or Chaos Cannoneers. For this:

~Pray range, tank the melee, wear proselyte armour until you need hp then wear guthan's

~Focus on the dwarvish kind, and ignore the Dwogres

~Keep an eye on prayer points

~When low on health (<500) keep praying range use guthan's, preferably on the little guys

B)Attack the Dwogres. For this:

~When low on health (<500) pray melee and use Guthan's

~Focus on the Dwogres, and DO NOT attack the dwarvish kind

Keep to one or the other, as you do not want to be attacked by melee, range, and magic simultaneously.

After the first 15 minutes it gets a lot easier. You are not limited to the two groups and can kill indiscriminately, and will not be swarmed by midgets wielding cannons. Follow these guidelines and you can stay there for hours:

~If you get under 500 lp, use Guthan's

~If you get under 500 lp fighting Dwogres, pray melee

~If you get under 500 lp fighting Cannoneers, pray range

~Use the Prolysyte if your hit points are good (>500) and if you feel like using combat enhancing prayers

~Use spec weapon on Dwogres, as the cannoneers and little guys are not worth using them on

~If not using protection prayers use guthan's as it has better defense

~The highest hit from a npc is roughly 400, and it is not hit very often. Unless you are being attacked by more than one cannoneer and or dwogre, you do not need to pray protection unless you dip below 500 lp. This conserves prayer potions. You will heal using guthan's and praying appropriately.

Tips

~The Chaos Dwarves make good healing for Guthan's.

~Like the GWD, if you do even one damage to a creature, and then other creatures kill it, you will get the drop. So pile Chaos people that are being piled :devil:

~expanding upon that thought, if a chaos cannoneer or dwogre is attacking another npc, it will not immediately switch to attacking you, so you can attack it and not get hit attacked immediatly

~If you get a random, all monsters will become aggressive to you. Don't panic, pray range, then exit the battlefield. Log out, log back in, and the problem should be solved, unfortunately you lost the 15 aggressive minutes and have to redo that. This can also happen occasionally if you hug walls to often or go to far away from the Chaos side.

~Use the quick prayers, I've got mine set to pray range and hitpoint restore.

Why We Are Doing This

goodbutnopick.png

Good, but no pick yet :(

• Hand Shot: dropped in batches of 100 by the Cannoneers only. Put into ammunition slot to save inventory space.
  • Hand Cannon: dropped by the Cannoneers only
  • Dragon Pickaxe: Dropped by all Chaos monsters. The real objective.

100px-Dragon_Pickaxe_Detail.png

GOOD LUCK

I might add a group section and or a cannoning section, but only maybe wink.gif

This is my first guide, any tips, suggestions, constructive criticism, concerns, or absolute terrors would be immensely appreciated wub.gif

Edited 9/25, updated some armour stuff and changed around the format

Edited by 66hades

very nice start. I like the layout; intro - prep - execution.

Since it's a simple topic though i would include as much as i could though. I see pictures of everything except for the place the fighting takes place! Maybe include one showing ideal places to fight and such. You included a way to fight them without a cannon, but i would have a separate section for cannon use. Including pictures and such of where to set up, new inventory lists.

Also with the inventories, don't forget about familiers! probably the most important thing for PVM. There's beasts of burden and healing familiers, i would include suggestions for all of them i could so people could read based on their current stats.

I'll read again in a little bit and see if i can come up with anything else

Curly

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

very nice start. I like the layout; intro - prep - execution.

Since it's a simple topic though i would include as much as i could though. I see pictures of everything except for the place the fighting takes place! Maybe include one showing ideal places to fight and such. You included a way to fight them without a cannon, but i would have a separate section for cannon use. Including pictures and such of where to set up, new inventory lists.

Also with the inventories, don't forget about familiers! probably the most important thing for PVM. There's beasts of burden and healing familiers, i would include suggestions for all of them i could so people could read based on their current stats.

I'll read again in a little bit and see if i can come up with anything else

Curly

I don't know many people that service long soloing there with cannon XD