Graphic Design

66hades

Back when I first started playing, pixeling was huge. Sigs made from paint were valued a lot even gp wise, people used to by sigs made in paint until Jagex put their foot down and called it real world trading. Before Jagex made that happened, it was huge and as an attraction to Tip.it, RuneVillage, and Zybez. That's also how some players became famous... their pixeling skills. An example is Misterxman.

Here's an example of a little something I made for someone that I really liked.

girl4bw.gif

sig.gif

I made that for Firestorm456, he wanted a cow in it, I got lazy, and ended up using it myself, lol. XD

I was no Misterxman. :( There was one on RuneVillage called Fox Red. There was a big one on Zybez who even wrote a nice pixeling guide, but can't remember his name. I wonder if his guide still exist.

Anyhow I encourage you to goof with paint, it's fun and tasteful art.

I tried out a couple of things. I liked Paint.NET more than GIMP, but it's biggest downfall for me at the time was it required updates every couple of days, and I was still using dial up at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Back when I first started playing, pixeling was huge. Sigs made from paint were valued a lot even gp wise, people used to by sigs made in paint until Jagex put their foot down and called it real world trading. Before Jagex made that happened, it was huge and as an attraction to Tip.it, RuneVillage, and Zybez. That's also how some players became famous... their pixeling skills. An example is Misterxman.

Here's an example of a little something I made for someone that I really liked.

girl4bw.gif

sig.gif

I made that for Firestorm456, he wanted a cow in it, I got lazy, and ended up using it myself, lol. XD

I was no Misterxman. :( There was one on RuneVillage called Fox Red. There was a big one on Zybez who even wrote a nice pixeling guide, but can't remember his name. I wonder if his guide still exist.

Anyhow I encourage you to goof with paint, it's fun and tasteful art.

I tried out a couple of things. I liked Paint.NET more than GIMP, but it's biggest downfall for me at the time was it required updates every couple of days, and I was still using dial up at the time.

I remember an Iron Zealot or something like that. He was talented but his style was not very versatile; he also complained a lot about other people's artwork lol. Still gotta give him props. You were pretty good too Andrew. I remember we made our first several hundred thousand GP this method before Jagex had ruled it out as real world trading. I suppose it's hard for them to tell whether people were abusing the system for macro bots or if they really just did not want people to make sigs for in-game GP.

Still fun to mess around with this stuff though and see what kind of arts we can make.