Play Other Games?

Aprz

Not too much against RuneScape, it's still a good game, but I rarely have free time off, and when I do have time off, I prefer playing Counter Strike now with a little bit of RuneScape here and there. For a long time, RuneScape was the only game I played. I was wondering if other people here play other games too, or if RuneScape is the only game they play? When do you play it: when you're in the mood, do you time yourself, only when other friends play?

I play Team fortress 2 very much, it's fun to play, hilarious but the company is great. I have good friends I know thoroughtly, which I don't have lately with Runescape, except clan based folk.

Furthermore I play Halo reach a lot on Xbox, and when I'm in the mood GTA IV with my friends.

I've seen so many pictures and signatures on Team Fortress. Playing Steam games, it makes me wonder if I should get it. I've considered buying Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 also. What's Team Fortress like? It looks like a cartoony version of Counter Strike to me.

I don't really play many videogames anymore, although lately I've been playing Uncharted 3 and Skyrim on and off. :) On the MMO front, I also play Battlestar Galactica Online and Sherwood Dungeon every now and then.

I've seen so many pictures and signatures on Team Fortress. Playing Steam games, it makes me wonder if I should get it. I've considered buying Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 also. What's Team Fortress like? It looks like a cartoony version of Counter Strike to me.

The game is now free, $20 dollar for the full game, but it is great for getting a good taste of the game.

If you need some good servers or any help, my steam is Desperate Marksman Penguin.

The game is now free, $20 dollar for the full game, but it is great for getting a good taste of the game.

If you need some good servers or any help, my steam is Desperate Marksman Penguin.

OMG would totally F2P that game lol!

I, too, love Counter Strike Source. I am so addicted to it lately I have to set alarms to tell me when to go to sleep. The other day I forgot and the sun was already coming up - wasn't even tired for the rest of the day with barely no sleep.

• Upvote 1

I once played MU for sort of a long time, until my server closed.

Then I did some PW but I could not deal with so many hours of flying. Worse than grinding believe me. I stopped at lvl 18 on my Sacer.

Now I'm trying some standart WoW, but only when I'm in the mood, like u said.

I don't play anything else really, apart from small stuff on miniclip and that sorta site.

Still need to play CS and TF... had them for a long time, but never played them. Same goes for Brink (a parkour+shooting game)

Miniclip ftw. ^_^ Pretty addicted to 8 Ball Pool at the moment. :P

I used to play Artic Escape, or whatever, on MiniClips, and HeliAttack 2.

Anybody played Wormhole on Centerfleet? That game was super cool. I played it until they shut down their server. :(

Still addicted to counter strike :blink: just trying to bump this post and get some attention. Some days set the alarms to remind me that I need sleep. They have these Zombie Escape (ZE) maps that get me so pumped - sometimes the maps are full so I will play around in Zombie Mods (ZM). Many people in ZM try to barricade themselves into a room and shoot zombies as they try to enter, but I like to roam and see how long I last.

The ZE maps, however, have several tasks and require a lot of team work. You try to get from point A to point B on the map and sometimes you go in circles. The entire map you are escaping from zombies and they could be right on your tail. Sometimes you have to hold 'em off for a while before a certain entrance opens or an elevator goes to a different level; sometimes you just gotta run. If you stay too long, you *will* lose.

The fun thing about these kind of maps are that even when you lose, you become a zombie and try to make other people lose too. Fun. Some parts of the game you might have somebody standing next to you become a zombie and then you get the person next to you, and you see everybody dying and people on the mic going like "omg fail" or "damn edge warriors!" It is a lot of fun ^_^. The game never ends. And while you are a counter terrorist (CT), the game is so thrilling. There are some very challenging maps that you just want to be there when the team wins, and everything goes smooth for the CTs.

ze_ffvii_mako_reactor_v5_10020.jpg

That map was a "Mako Reactor" where Cloud plants a bomb at the reactor and then tries to run out. It is one of the most popular maps. I have only won that round once, and was very close to winning this one. I tried to "interrupt" Septhiroths attack but I missed in with all the thrill going through me at once (for nearly winning). It looks like the same happened to a bunch of other people.

There are also other maps such as Predator!

ze_predator_ultimate_v30013.jpg

In this picture, I just died moments ago too.

Many other cool themes such as Lord of the Rings, Minecraft, Prototype, Resident Evil, Jurassic Park. The people who create these maps (player made maps, not by Steam) are really creative and did an excellent job ^_^. I never pay to play games, I am very glad my brothers bought this game and got me involved. It is a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.

• Upvote 1

I've got a fair number of games I play. I recently started up so old PC games again, Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight Jedi Academy, just to play around in. The multiplayer is quite good, especially with the moviebattles mod. I have a bunch of games on steam I try to play now and again. I got totally addicted to the gungame mod on CS for a few months. Thankfully, I was able to step away from it :P

• 2 weeks later...

Frustrating to get the mod to work.

Edit: I got it to work. I died once and had to start over. I played twice so far, once during the day, the other at night, but the night time, I was playing on a server where it's day. Depending on where the server is, it'll be that time of day in the server (e.g. night time = night time in the server, you can't see anything).

In the videos I watched, the people started with pistols. That's not the case anymore. You start off with almost nothing. :[ Super hard!

Here is another video of it.

I logged in again on a server that was on at night, and I couldn't see anything, I couldn't even see myself. I had a chem light, but I read those attract zombies and bandits (other players, other players are more dangerous than zombies). I left the server cause I didn't want to die with the gun I spent an hour or two looking for.

Here is a guide I found that I liked and kinda describes the attitude of players in the game.

http://slashreroll.c...bie-apocalypse/

http://slashreroll.c...-and-a-tin-can/

Another cool video of a clan that seems pretty together.

• 3 months later...

As far as PC games go I don't play very many aside from PC based games aside from RS, I do play some classics like Empire Earth (love nuking people back to the stone age :P ), James Bond: Nightfire, and Battlefield: 1942 (I also have the Road to Rome expansion pack) but I do not play any of the games very often. Most of the games I play are console games, as far as consoles go I own a Wii, PS2, PS3, and a Gameboy Color.

For those interested I'll list all my games in my current collection by console.

Gameboy Color

• Driver

Wii

• Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

PS2

• Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
  • True Crime: Streets of LA
  • Madden 2009
  • Crazy Taxi
  • 007: Everything or Nothing
  • Ford Mustang Racing
  • Metal Slug: Anthology
  • Call of Duty: Finest Hour
  • Medal of Honor: Frontline
  • Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
  • Medal of Honor: European Assault
  • SSX 3
  • Gran Turismo
  • Star Wars: Battlefront 2

PS3

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • SSX
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  • Grand Theft Auto V

I think that's all of them, it's taken me years to amass all the games I have, and my collection is forever growing too as I always keep an eye out for upcoming games that are of interest to me :)

Edited by Garagedwella

• 4 weeks later...