Barrows Guide

Frozen

#Author's Notes

72 chests per inventory is my personal best with this method, I could easily go 150 chests per inventory though if I had
guthix's blessing or used a shield to heal rather than using saradomin brews and super restores.

This method will yield about 12-15 chests with the best gear, overload and turmoil per hour, expect less with lesser setups.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to your guide to barrows, I've earlier made a guide on this subject but due to updates it have become outdated so I decided to make a new one due to
requests. This guide contains heavy amount of images so it's not recommended to use a cellphone to view this guide. ^-^
This method is extremely powerful, you can expect to get at least more than 20 chests per inventory if you're doing it right. welcome_zps02b29657.png

What we are looking at behind me is the minigame location, the setup I'm using and everything else interesting. Lets begin with the action bars.

actionbars_zps1a8508dd.png

first thing you want to make your keybinds easy to access rather than this, simply right click any ability and bind it to a key on your keyboard. if you got a razer mouse
or similar with multiple keys you can bind a few to those as well, for convenience sake

I will bind it so it will look like this.

actionbars2_zps158e8b78.png

Okay, now that's done with, we need to set up the inventory in a specific way to minimize the
amount of mouse movement, this is why we got Shift Q and W bound as they are
bags2_zps5ea8b77c.png

By putting Karil's crossbow in shift+W keybind we now unlock (Y) keybind for use with anything else, I'd recommend to insert overload on Y because of this.
This is the way you want your inventory to look, I know it's a lot of overloads, don't worry about it, if you cannot use overload
I recommend using summer pies in combination with any kind of defensive potion, for example, super defense potion.

This too if you want to be cheaper but I find the increase in chests per hour more profitable in the long run. Karil's Crossbow
is also negligible, I recommend using a royal crossbow if you have the know how to kill QBD otherwise just use the best
2H crossbow you can get your hands on Drakan's Medallion from The Branches of Darkmeyer in combination with
House tabs this is a great method to reduce the number of prayer restoring potions as possible, all the way down to 0.

and the armour:
armour_zps8d6b70fd.png

Detailed reasoning for Bandos:

The reason I'm using bandos is due to it's effectiveness, a recent post on the RSOF allowed me to control it's actual efficiency of being the same as 41.83% of an overload in terms of damage, (one boosted level = +9 weapon damage) the usage of assault would turn 9 damage into 219% more (19.71) then convert that value further over a 6 second period of auto attacks, ~1.67*19.71 = 32.85 damage per boosted level for a total of 558,45 damage for 17 boosted levels then you add bandos for another 41.83% resulting in a final boost, 41.83 ~7.11 boosted levels resulting in +64 damage -> 140.16 -> total 233.6 damage boost per assault. We're looking at 792.05 damage boost with overload and bandos alone, a 132 damage per second increase. This is also before the increased accuracy.
THEN we got turmoil as well to count into the formula.

If you do not have enough money for the armor I'm using, you can always exchange them for cheaper
alternatives, barrows armour such as Verac's is a great alternative until you earned enough money for bandos.
The next step in the line is learning the optimal rotation for this, you will soon realize that the use of Assault(5)
is more important than that of the use of the complete rotation but it's simple enough to learn; use Slice(1)
followed by any of the available abilities (2,3,4,5,R)R should be used last, Regenerate(6) can be exchanged for 
Guthix's Blessing or Rejuvenate if you for some reason decided to bring along a shield for some reason.
Regenerate should be used whenever you need a heal or have a full adrenaline bar. Guthix's Blessing
and Rejuvenate can be used in combat and heal for twice as much than Regenerate and are recommended
over Regenerate.

Okay, you now know the basics of the setup and abilities our next step is to learn what to do with the brothers
, to simplify the rotation will take care of them but whenever you can use Assault you should, wait for 3 hits then
follow by the use of any of the abilities(2,3,4), this powerful combination has a huge potential and can

quickly decimate your foes (Akrisae)
Watch this video and you will learn how powerful it really is while learning how to take each and every one down.

I used Soul Split and Turmoil through the minigame and ran out after 6/7 graves were checked,
it is possible to check all graves before prayer runs out as I've had that happen a few times.
However if you do not have 92/95 prayer you can always use piety and protect
from melee/mage/range depending on what ability the brother is using, just like overload,
it's optional but recommended for maximum efficiency.

I have nothing more to add for now, I hope this guide will aid you.
Please leave your questions below and I will try to answer them as quickly as possible
otherwise look me up in game and I shall aid you. Good luck finding them items :)

Edited by Frozen
  • Upvote 2

Nice guide! :)

Do you have an estimate on how many chests you can do per hour?

inserted, 72 chests per inventory is my personal best with this method, I could easily go 150 chests per inventory though if I had guthix's blessing or used a shield to heal rather than using saradomin brews and super restores.

ah, per hour.

well, 12-15.

Edited by Frozen

you should try using the guthix blessing skill from constitution it heals great

it's in there somewhere and I can't really do that due to the lack of the spell, regeneration does enough healing anyways.

Edited by Frozen