Dungeons & Dragons

Lord Danbell

Here's a recap of last weekend's events:

You all were found mugged and left for dead in a clearing by a ranger.

2 strange robed people and an orc were less lucky, and were all dead, one of which was eaten. (Your memory of these three is a bit fuzzy, but you remember the Orc was wild, and bound.)

The monks had a small strongbox that appeared to have been forced open and looted, and they along with you had no money left on them

a random little kobold tried to capitalize on your weakened state, but was promptly murdered where he stood.

you made your way to a nearby settlement town, after bribing a less-than-intelligent guard with chalk, where you rested for 2 days.

during this time, your party fully healed, milled around the nearby church, and found gossip in the inn (the fugly pumpkin)

some gossip led you down to the cellar of the inn, where you found a crack that led into an underground cave

you murdered some rats, leaped over small but powerful creeks, executed or calmed a pair of dogs, and found yourselves in the presence of two enormous rats, and an interesting character.

As you found out, he is completely nude, save for a codpiece/belt, and a wrinkly red paper crown.

We left off with your party diplomatically approaching the strange man as he welcomed you to his "kingdom"

• Upvote 1

He has a mic, and we communicate via google chat with no problems, not sure why it wasn't working in roll20

I might try and get him into roll20 to see if we can get it working, but not really sure what to try really, he was using the same settings as me as far as I can make out

you murdered some rats, leaped over small but powerful creeks, executed or calmed a pair of dogs, and found yourselves in the presence of two enormous rats, and an interesting character.

As you found out, he is completely nude, save for a codpiece/belt, and a wrinkly red paper crown.

We left off with your party diplomatically approaching the strange man as he welcomed you to his "kingdom"

If it would have been a blue crown I'd have asked if he mooed at them. :wistle:

~dragon~

He has a mic, and we communicate via google chat with no problems, not sure why it wasn't working in roll20

I might try and get him into roll20 to see if we can get it working, but not really sure what to try really, he was using the same settings as me as far as I can make out

I noticed that if I had my switch off, I had to turn chat broadcast off in the settings, turn my mic on, then turn broadcast chat on. I don't know why it doesn't like my switch.

Good job on a successful session G01d and the rest of you!

Also thank you for posting a recap, for those of us who are interested but aren't able to join in for various reasons. This is a great idea, and I hope you can take it forward to something big! :D

everyone available for a shorter game next week, same time?

Here's a recap of what's happened so far:

You all were found mugged and left for dead in a clearing by a ranger.

2 strange robed people and an orc were less lucky, and were all dead, one of which was eaten. (Your memory of these three is a bit fuzzy, but you remember the Orc was wild, and bound.)

The monks had a small strongbox that appeared to have been forced open and looted, and they along with you had no money left on them

a random little kobold tried to capitalize on your weakened state, but was promptly murdered where he stood.

you made your way to a nearby settlement town, after bribing a less-than-intelligent guard with chalk, where you rested for 2 days.

during this time, your party fully healed, milled around the nearby church, and found gossip in the inn (the fugly pumpkin)

some gossip led you down to the cellar of the inn, where you found a crack that led into an underground cave

Upon initial conversation with this man, shockingly, you discover that he is mentally unstable. He summoned a horde of rats to nibble at you while you fought, which did very little to stop Carrott from sliding his longsword through the mans ribs.

you guys found some chalk, picked up the crazy man's red paper crown, blue jewels, and lute/battleaxe, found 5 platinum, and unearthed the fabled flugelhorn of stealth, then showed a large horde of baby rats what it feels like to be bubble wrap, patched up the opening to the cave, and returned to the innkeeper/bartender, having solved his vermin problem.

he gave the party a free pass to drink free for life, as well as 200 silver for their troubles. Mike didnt appreciate this, so he accosted the bartender, and was then banned from the bar.

The bartender told the party that the crazy man (who was said to have "been totally dead when they got there") was once his adopted son; one of a pair of twins found years ago in a clearing, clutching a special insignia-adorned dagger. he told you to tell the older twin of the youngers passing.

the party made their way to the town hall, where they found the mayor and the older brother/ town guard. the mayor convinced the party to help get rid of the bandits in the area. the brother/guard assured the party that he would give them more details about the dagger once the bandits were eliminated.

the party then ran into the wilderness, slew goblins, kobolds, krenshar and gnoll. they found/ stole a note, which hinted that some object was retrieved for a paying party, assumed to have been retrieved by the bandit party the player party just peed on and murdered.

The party also got back their gold that was stolen at the beginning of the campaign. so that came full circle. congrats guys. Mother freaking justice.